| offered by the Faculty of Law, Potchefstroom Campus of the North-
Consider enrolling for the Short Learning Programme in Family Law
This programme is a prerequisite for the specialised
programme on Family Law Mediation which will be presented during
August – November 2013.
Registration is open for everyone with a first degree
(BA / BCom / BTh / BSoc / BTech).
The programme is offered by experts. It is a NQF level 5, credit-bearing
programme, which means that anyone who successfully completes
this programme will be exempted from the compulsory module in
Family Law in the LLB / BA (Law) / BCom (Law) curriculums at the NWU
The programme bears 16 credits, which equals 160 notional study
hours. The 160 study hours will be spread over a period of 4½ months.
40 of these hours will be contact time while additional reading,
assignments and other assessments will make up the remaining 120
The course will commence with 5 days of lectures in Sandton, covering
topics in the law on marriages, civil unions, divorce, care and custody
of children and maintenance. Students will then have to do additional
reading and submit assignments electronically over a period of 4
months. Certificates are awarded to those who obtain 50% or more in
all their assessments
• Any B degree or equivalent post-matriculation qualification.
• Practical experience in family law environment is a recommendation
27-31 May at 55 Sixth Rd, Hyde Park, Sandton.
Course fee includes:
• Five days of lectures (8 hours each), including teas and lunches
• Study guide
• Text book
• File with printouts of presentations and any additional material
• Access to the NWU’s web-based learning platform eFundi until
completion of the programme
• Grading of all assignments and assessments
• NWU certificate upon successful completion of the programme
R 7 500 per participant for registrations until 30 April 2013
R 8 500 per participant for registrations until 17 May 2013
17 May 2013
Professor Stephen de la Harpe
018 299 1941
Ms Rolien Roos
018 299 1958
Download the application form by clicking here.
Edited by DavidvdW on 2013 May 14 at 8:33am