Joined: 2012 January 03
Location: South Africa
PSYCHOLOGIST (PART-TIME): YSTERPLAAT, CAPE TOWN
Opportunity closing date: 27 January 2017
Community Keepers is a non-profit company aiming to promote
the social and emotional wellbeing of learners and create
supportive school communities where learning and development
can prosper. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team
operates from the organisation’s school-based offices and delivers
a variety of support and preventative services to learners
including, assessments, counseling, therapy, parenting workshops
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a Psychologist on a part-time
basis (12 hours a week) to join their team and deliver clinical
services. The successful person will be expected to work 2 days a
week (2 days for 6 hours a day). This person must be able to
represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and must
have a passion for the work of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Clinical assessments of children and youth (5-18 years)
which includes individual interviews, obtaining collateral from
relevant support systems (parents/guardians, educator, previous
schools, etc.), diagnosis and development of a treatment plan.
• Individual and group interventions based on treatment plans.
Ensuring that the most appropriate intervention is used and the
most up-to-date methods of intervention.
• Updating all administrative processses associated with the
clinical process, including clinical notes, organizing files, giving
feedback to referrers, etc.
• Contributing to case discussions and giving specific input to
team members regarding cases.
• Development and presentation of parenting sessions to
parents/guardians of learners.
• Involvement in peer supervision and professional
development (case presentations and literature reviews).
• Making an ongoing contribution to the overall goals and
development of Community Keepers as an organisation.
• MA (Clinical Psychology) and registered as a psychologist,
with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
• Specialised academic knowledge and practical experience in
• 1 Years’ experience in working with children and adolescents
in a community setting and as part of a multidisciplinary team of
• Knowledge on the development and evaluation of creative
approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of
the client group.
• Quality principles and practise and sound understanding and
ability to apply ethical principles.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
• Must have passion, dedication and commitment towards
organisation and the job at hand.
The successful candidate will work between the different
Community Keepers school offices in Ysterplaat, Cape Town, South
Africa. The person will be required to be available during school
terms for 12 hours a week. The starting date for this position is 27
To apply, submit a CV with two contactable referees and a
motivational letter (one page max) to
email@example.com with “Clinical Psychologist
Ysterplaat” in the subject line. Do not include reference letters or
proof of qualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
and invited for an interview. Community Keepers reserves the
right to fill the position.
For more information about Community Keepers, refer to